Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Backlash of the Week: German Playboy, 77, Sues for Sex

I just happened to be surfing feministing.com tonight and came across this story that ran last week.

German Playboy, 77, Sues for Sex
"Aging German playboy Rolf Eden has rarely taken no for an answer. And he's not about to start. He has filed charges against a 19-year-old for refusing to sleep with him. The complaint? Ageism."

Rolf, who aspires to be the German Hugh Hefner, complains that a 19-year-old woman turned down his sexual advances after a night of wining, dining, and a piano serenade. Why? Because she thought he was too old for her. In his conquest to reaffirm his masculinity, he is suing the woman for claiming her rights to her body on the basis of age discrimination. I'm not sure it will go anywhere in court, but the sheer audacity of the man makes me want to bang my head against a wall.

I don't like this guy at all. Nope, not one bit. It makes me glad that we work in the anti-violence movement to stand up against people like Rolf Eden, even if they do try to set the movement back a few years.

No comments: