Tuesday, February 26, 2008

What's Newsworthy

Tonight I attended a training on lethality assessment and safety planning.  On my way to the conference room where the training was held, I caught a glimpse of the front page headline of the evening edition of The Oregonian which was something to the effect of "Starbucks closes for 3 1/2 hour tonight.  Why?"

Is this the most important thing going on in Oregon?

What I do know is that a woman is sexually assaulted every 2.5 minutes which means during the time Starbucks was closed 84 women were assaulted.  Shouldn't the headline read "Between 5:30-9 84 will be sexually assaulted.  Why?"

1 comment:

KelseyP said...

Its strange where our priorities are.

I have to admit I get suckered into that. I read celebrity gossip. I watch reality tv. I wonder how much I'd get done as an activist if I weren't sidetracked by that junk.

I have to go now. Simpsons is on :)

See? Priorities.