Sunday, March 2, 2008

Follow-up to "What campus rape crisis?"

Today is the first day in about a week that I've had time to cruise around my regular blogs. I stumbled upon this post on The Curvature blog that is a follow-up to the appalling article, "What campus rape crisis?" that was published in The LA Times last weekend that Katie C. posted on our blog.

The LA Times published (did they, or did they just publish this online?) a response to the MacDonald article on the 27th. It does a pretty good job in reputing MacDonald's claims. I think the part that I like best is that most of the comments that I have read thus far (about 20 out of the 40-something) are positive towards Nora Niedzielski-Eichner's response to MacDonald's article. I worried that we would see a replay of the Facebook article comments on The Willamette Week webpage, but so far it doesn't look that way.

I encourage folks to check out The Curvature blog yet again to find out how to continue to respond to this article as well as how to post complaints to The LA Times. I did a second round of letter writing today.

No comments: