Wednesday, January 30, 2008

NOW-NY: Your Press Release Title is NOT Witty

I was surfing BitchPhD and found a link to a press release by the National Organization for Women in New York with the most obnoxious title I've read in a long time.

I don't have much to say about this, really, I just wanted to share my frustration by posting the press release for others to look at, too.

Psychological Gang Bang of Hillary is Proof We Need a Woman President

UGH! Couldn't they have been a little more clever???

2 comments:

Ledena said...

Uh, hello! The feminist organizations really shouldn't be the one's making up headlines like that.

Linda said...

GEEZ! I read about this yesterday. I have plenty to say about it, but I really have to write grants and stuff. It's just another example of the infighting that we DO NOT need to be doing.

National NOW released a response:
"The National Organization for Women has enormous respect and admiration for Sen. Edward Kennedy (D- Mass.). For decades Sen. Kennedy has been a friend of NOW, and a leader and fighter for women's civil and reproductive rights, and his record shows that.

Though the National Organization for Women Political Action Committee has proudly endorsed Sen. Hillary Clinton for president, we respect Sen. Kennedy's endorsement. We continue to encourage women everywhere to express their opinions and exercise their right to vote."

One of my more clever friends said, "gee maybe everyone in the NY office was really premenstrual?" Just Kidding!