Thursday, June 12, 2008

Michelle Obama Watch


One of my favorite blogs about women and race is What About Our Daughters?

Recently they have launched Michelle Obama Watch where we can all keep tabs on and talk about the media's treatment of Michelle Obama. I think we can all probably agree that the media's treatment of Hillary was/is despicable and I have seen some things in the blogosphere with regard to Michelle that are so offensive I couldn't bring myself to post them here.

Current posts on Michelle Obama Watch include: Fox News Calls Michelle Obama, "Obama's Baby Mama" and an article about an artist who has used pictures of the Obama's daughters with the caption: Nappy Headed Hos. I don't know about you but I think this is going to get even uglier and fast.

Please check out this site and keep informed. We know that sexism was rampant in the way the mainstream media felt they could talk about HRC. I think it is up to feminists like us to keep track of how racism and sexism play into how Michelle and her daughters are treated as we head toward November.

No comments: